Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Adventure Success from Washington State

Hello from the great northwest. I just wanted to update you on how things are going out here in Washington State. I am using Project Adventure stuff in all my classes and I am a true believer.

If you use the stuff it works. There are so many team building, community building activities along with the Full Value Contract that it has all but cut any discipline problems we had. I truly don’t know where the discipline referrals are at our school.

Also, I just put our Junior Varsity volleyball through some of the team building activities and they just went and beat the local powerhouse. They didn’t touch a volleyball on Monday and went and won on Tuesday with a new found teamwork and togetherness. The girls were giddy and excited and their coach was pleased at their cohesiveness. Anyway, I just thought I would pass on a little success story from our neck of the woods.

Brian Hagbo
Physical Education Instructor
Ellensburg High School

No comments: