Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

New Project Adventure Training Site in Lake Williamson Christian Center

Forgive me if I sound like a commercial plug here, but I am THRILLED
to announce that Lake Williamson Christian Center is now the first
mid-states training site for Project Adventure! I started attending PA
classes 3 years ago, working on my Masters Degree in Adventure Ed
through PA and Plymouth State University. I've often heard others in
my area say they'd love to take a PA course, but the travel costs were
prohibitive. So it has been my desire for some time to help bring PA
to the central states. Lake Williamson is only 1 hour from St. Louis,
4 hours from Chicago, and 4 hours from Indianapolis. We have food,
lodging (and a hot tub!) on-site.

PA is updating their website for details, but upcoming courses include:

Engaging Activities for Social and Emotional Learning, February 21-22, 2009
Adventure Curriculum for Physical Education, April 6-7, 2009
Achieving Fitness: An Adventure Approach, April 8-9, 2009
Adventure Programming, June 10-13, 2009
Adventures in Building Community and Diversity, September 24-26, 2009
Adventure Based Counseling, October 22-25, 2009

I hope some of you can take advantage of the Lake Williamson location!

Jeffery Gosnell, program director
Lake Williamson Christian Center &
Cedar Creek Retreat Center

No comments: