Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Leaving the Comfortable Bedchambers of Your Mind



Principal and leadership candidates from the state of Texas (and a group calling themselves Raise Your Hand Texas) share their comments, reflections and how they transferred their learning from the Harvard Principals day at Project Adventure in Beverly MA.






These are some comments by Cindy Mika:

"Today was a fabulous day spent at Project Adventure located in Beverly, MA. The name is apropos as it was truly an adventure. Yesterday with Bob Kegan we were continuously told to leave the "comfortable bedchambers of our minds" and today I can say I truly left that and every comfort zone I have.

I think that is what made it such a great day! I can truly say I learned to trust my teammates today as we were challenged to go up on the high wire with a belay team below to hold our rope if we fell off (when we fell off is more like it!).

The high challenge course I went on was one in which we went up with a partner, each of us standing on our own wire parallel to each other. As we traversed further from the pole using each other to steady ourselves, the wires slowly got wider apart! We definitely had to trust the guy we were up there with!

Over and over the different challenges we faced today challenged me mentally, emotionally, and physically. Today I experienced continuous improvement, trust, thinking outside the box, and much more.

I truly appreciate the opportunity to participate in this wonderful event! Thank you for the chance to fulfill a life's dream and study at Harvard".

No comments: